The Acratech GP Ballhead has long been recognised as a leader in its class.
The GP even won DP Reviews coveted “Top Pick” and now Acratech is moving competitively forward with their new GXP Ballhead.
The GXP has a wide range of significant new features and it continues the tradition of Acratech’s world-class quality.
New Features of the GXP:
- Innovative form-follows-function design.
- Solidly supports an impressive 50.lbs. (double the capacity of the GP)
- The GXP only weighs 1.lb bearing a 50:1 load ratio.
- Large, easy to tighten, high torque lock knob is easy to tighten even with heavy winter gloves on.
- New extra fine tension adjustment.
- The unique, panoramic adjustable zero pointer makes it easy to return to your starting point when you are shooting a sequence of images.
- The quick release clamp has deep side notches for more clearance with other manufacturers stop screws.
- The level on the quick release clamp is clearly visible even with your camera attached to the clamp.
- The quick release clamp jaws are more pointed to be more compatible with some manufactures quick release plates with less pointed dovetails.
- The locking lever clamp has a safety zone so the first 25% of the levers motion will not allow your camera to release.
Features of the GXP that carry on the GP tradition:
- The patented gimbal feature makes it quick and easy to track follow moving objects with ease.
- With GPX in panoramic mode you can use the ball to level the panning surface and you can do accurate stitched panoramic images without a levelling base.
- Open structure dirt and moisture falls through instead of getting trapped inside like a conventional ball-head.
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft quality aluminium and stainless steel.
- Made in the USA in Acratech’s Pomona, California facility.
- 10 Year warranty.
- Fits all Arca-Swiss compatible quick release plates.
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads)
- Beautiful satin black anodised finish
- Solid precision feel
- The knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off.
- Oil-less and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris.
Great YouTube review of the GXP here by David Akoubian
- Max Weight Load: 50lbs (22.6kg)
- Ball Diameter: 1.5” (38mm)
- Tripod Thread: 3/8-16 (includes 1/4-20 reducer bushing)
- Height: 4.2” (106mm)
- Length: 3.62” (92mm)
- Width: 3.17” (81mm)
- Base Diameter: 2.375” (60mm)
- Weight: 1 lbs. (.45kg)